Spar is one of the biggest supermarkets franchises in South Africa and it has a shop almost on every complex mall and hires more than 100 people per shop. Here in this article we will explain to you how to apply for spar jobs and vacancies near you before they close.
In the 1960s with the emergence of grocery chains in South Africa, a group made up of 8 wholesalers were given exclusive rights to the SPAR name and brand in 1963, and serviced 500 small retailers.
Over time and through many mergers and takeovers, today the SPAR Group Ltd operates 6 distribution centers and 1 Build its distribution center, supplying goods and services to over 1 000 SPAR stores across Southern Africa. We are a part of the community and the community is like family. We strive to give you the highest quality products, the freshest meats, and granny-approved baked goods, all at the right price, every day.
Expand your career with us
We are in the dynamic business of distributing products to the SPAR stores located throughout South Africa and some neighboring countries. With distribution centers (DCs) located in 5 provinces, we ensure that products are delivered to stores just in time for the consumer to enjoy their shopping experience at their local SPAR store. All of this is made possible by the dedicated staff we have at our DCs and Central Office.
SPAR offers rewarding careers in the fields of sales, finance, marketing, logistics, information technology, and human resources. We are constantly on the lookout for people with the right skills and attitude to join our SPAR family. We have teamed up with PNET, one of South Africa’s largest online career portals, to advertise vacancies.
Some of the career streams available at SPAR:
- Finance: debtors, creditors, accounting, administration, bookkeeping, payroll
- Marketing: procurement, advertising, promotions, customer care, sponsorships, and special events
- Logistics: receiving, assembly, transport, maintenance, engineering, risk control
- Information Technology: support, programming, business analysis, software development, and testing, retail systems, DC systems, training, and project management.
- Human Resources: training, industrial relations, general HR, staff benefits, organizational development
- Sales: food specialists, retail consultancy, store planning, new business development
- Cashiers and Securities
How to Apply for fr Jobs at the spar?
There are two ways to apply for spar jobs hiring now to apply for jobs. The first way is easy and straight forward all you have to do is make copies of your cv and also write a cover letter or a motivational letter and submit it in person to the HR at spar and take their numbers to make a follow up on your cv outcomes. The second one is to go to their careers portal page and upload the cv there to apply for the jobs. Spar Careers portal page.